The 2010 International Climate Change Adaptation Conference will serve as an outstanding communication vehicle that will highlight the role that industry, researchers and government are playing, and can play, in responding to the challenge of climate change.
By taking part of this Conference, we provide the opportunity for your organisation to reach a targeted and captive audience through a range of specially-designed sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities.
Australia’s Farming Future
Australia’s Farming Future (AFF) encourages the development of innovative research and on-farm demonstrations. Large scale collaborative projects have commenced that involve a range of Australian organisations such as research providers, industry groups, universities and state governments. Approximately $40 million worth of projects are now underway in Australia on climate change adaptation research to develop better management practices, strategies and technologies. These projects complement other areas of research under AFF on emissions reduction and soil carbon. The research will improve opportunities for primary producers to respond to climate change and manage emissions while improving productivity. More information is available atwww.daff.gov.au/farmingfuture.Gold Coast City Council
WWF is the world’s largest and most experienced independent conservation organisation. It has close to five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF advocates for sustainable climate adaptation policy at national and international levels. Together with its many partners, WWF has conducted adaptation projects in diverse areas, such as Northern Australia, the Mekong, the Andes, Central Yangtze, Eastern Himalayas, East Africa, Southern Ocean, Fiji, the Sundarbans, and the Coral Triangle.
- advice to Government to support policy development and decision making;
- information to the minerals, petroleum and energy sectors to enhance national wealth and energy security;
- information about the land and marine jurisdiction for environmental, economic and social purposes;
- the fundamental framework for all Australia’s spatial information and jurisdictional boundaries;
- information on natural hazards and risks for community safety and resilience;
- information on groundwater for environmental, economic and social purposes; and
- education and public event programs to promote awareness of geoscience.
- Bureau of Meteorology
- BMT WBM Pty Ltd
- ACE CRC