Climate Adaptation 2011
Cairns Convention Centre, Sheridan Street, Cairns QLD 4870
The 2011 NCCARF Conference was a one day event held in conjunction with Greenhouse 2011, on Wednesday 6 April 2011, Cairns Convention Centre.
Official website: http://www.nccarf.edu.au/conference2011/
Proudly hosted by:
Further information about the Greenhouse 2011 Conference is available athttp://www.greenhouse2011.com. Please note that the call for abstracts for Greenhouse 2011 closed on 19 November, 2010.
April 6, 2011
13:00 - 15:00
15:30 - 17:30
17:30 - 18:15
18:15 - 19:30
The 2010 Climate Change Adaptation Conference committee is committed to minimising the carbon footprint and impact on the environment during the planning and staging of the Conference.
The committee recognises that the Conference will impact on the environment is its use of power, water, office consumables and the travel that we and our event participants undertake.
To ensure that the Conference is environmentally responsible, the committee aim to:
- minimise our consumption of energy, water, and other resources during planning and staging of this event
- off-set carbon emissions created by travel that has been supplied to event participants
- maximise the use of sustainable methods and resources for transport, catering, stage design and exhibition (our stage design has been recycled from a previous event)
- monitor and control the use of consumable office materials through responsible use, reusing and recycling in the lead up to the Conference; and
- minimise the use of disposable items by using crockery at all opportunities.
- encourage responsible use, reusing and recycling of all products and equipment that are used during the staging of the Conference.
It’s everyone’s responsibility
What our delegates can do to help us and the environment:
- purchase the carbon-offset option available by most airline carriers
- walk or catch a bus to the conference venue as it is in walking distance of most selected hotels
- keep an eye out for the recycling bins throughout the venue, and dispose of waste thoughtfully throughout the conference
- where available collect exhibitor information electronically i.e. preferably, ask exhibitors to send you information
- recycle conference handbooks, satchels, name tags and lanyards that you don’t wish to keep – keep an eye out for special recycling bins on the final day of the conference.
Tips of our sponsors and exhibitors to be more environmentally aware:
- Condense the number of materials you bring to the conference
- make your information available to delegates electronically – send information via email
- where possible, provide recycled or consumable products as giveaways
- use the recycling bins provided at the venue.